We are committed to creating a relaxed and comfortable environment where children enjoy independent and self-directed learning towards becoming critical thinkers, equipped for life as unique, capable individuals.
- We believe children are innately curious and learn naturally without coercion. Wicklow Sudbury School is a place where children can play and learn by following their passions and interests, where there are no compulsory classes and no set curriculum.
- At our school equal importance will be given to all activities and interests. Practical skills, the Arts and Academics are held equally.
- Wicklow Sudbury School will be a comfortable, safe place for children to learn, play and explore.
- The school will have a democratic structure with each child and each staff member having an equal vote in decision making and in the creation of the rules and regulations of the school.
- The children will be supported by the staff to discover and pursue their interests and passions.
- Students and staff will be encouraged to participate in respectful communication such as NVC for problem solving, conflict resolution, discussion and disciplinary issues.
- As well as providing indoor space we will provide outdoor, green spaces for exploration, play and learning.
Peter Grays Six Criteria